Saturday, April 9, 2011

Landed in London

If you do anything often enough - one year blurs into the next. Still - I can't believe it has been 2 years since I was last at London Book Fair - it does not seem possible.

I look forward to a packed week of meetings that will put the finishing touches on some BEA efforts for 2011 and will conclude with the 'hand over' ceremony when LBF 2011 Market Focus country Russia officially transitions forward to BEA's 2012 Global Market Forum's featured country.

Maybe because there is comfort in community, but seeing some old friends and familiar faces on the flight and heading through passport control makes it seem like I was just here. Speaking of which - this line is monstrous - yikes! The familiar faces help soften what I miss at home with my wife and boys (opening day for Little League was the loss for this trip).

I look forward to sharing learnings this week and news that I come across. If you are at LBF - find me at Booth G435
Sincerely,
------------------------
Steven Rosato
Event Director-BookExpo America srosato@reedexpo.com
Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment